05 June 2019 International Coffee Congress on Sustainability, Berlin
Thank you for being part of the “International Coffee Congress on Sustainability”
- Around 240 participants from 22 countries around the world. E.g.: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Cypress, Czech Republic, El Salvador, France, Germany, Guatemala, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA.
- 21 high class speakers and 3 moderators.
- One discussion panel and 17 top level presentations dealing with different sustainability issues and topics such as Blockchains, Certifications and ways to optimize value creation at source.
- 13 exhibitors informing about various sustainability projects, services and products in the coffee sector: 4C, amcor, Barista World, BWT water + more, Dr. Suwelack, EspressoPool/ascaso, Fairtrade International, OPEM, Orang Utan Coffee, Otto A. Müller Recycling, Rainforest Alliance, Tchibo, TME Packaging Solutions.
DOWNLOAD OUR REVIEW
Pictures of the event
Our speaker`s presentations
ADDRESSING THE COFFEE PRICE CRISIS
MOVING THE NEEDLE TOWARDS MORE SUSTAINABILITY IN THE COFFEE SECTOR – WHAT CAN WE LEARN FROM OTHER SECTORS?
THE IMPORTANCE OF WATER SUSTAINABILITY – GLOBAL TO LOCAL
- How much water is needed to prepare one cup of coffee?
MULTINATIONAL SURVEY IN GERMANY, ITALY, UK AND THE US: WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF CSR ON THE IMAGE OF COFFEE BRANDS, THE PERCEPTION OF THE INDUSTRY AND ON THE PURCHASE?
- Which CSR activities and claims are credible?
- Which work best as a trigger?
- How do CSR claims impact purchase decisions and willingness to pay?
- What is common ground across nations and which differences need to be respected?
CONSERVING COFFEE DIVERSITY, FOREVER
SUSTAINABILITY FOR SALE!
- What types of certification schemes exist in the global coffee sector?
- How effective are these schemes?
- How can we explain the limits of existing certification schemes?
QUIJOTE KAFFEE COLLECTIVE - TRANSPARENT AND DIRECT IMPORTING ROASTERY
THE ORANG UTAN COFFEE PROJECT: RAINFOREST CONSERVATION FOR HUMAN LIVELIHOOD AND WILDLIFE
- How everybody can make a difference drinking a cup of coffee!
IMPACT OF CERTIFICATION
- What is the state of affairs with respect to sustainability certification?
- What are the roles and limitations of sustainability certification?
- What are the lessons learned?
- How to move ahead?
FAIRTRADE LIVING INCOME & COFFEE
- To what extent can the market enable coffee farmers to attain a living income and ensure a decent future for the next generation of coffee farming?
SUSTAINABILITY AS KEY TOPIC FOR FUTURE COFFEE BUSINESS: PERSPECTIVE OF MELITTA
- What is our perspective on current sustainability progress in the coffee sector?
- What are our conclusions?
- What does that mean for our current and future strategy?
THE FUTURE OF COFFEE BEGINS WITH YOUNG FARMERS – BUT WHY SHOULD THEY CARE TO CONTINUE PRODUCING?
- Can coffee production be a viable economic option for the next generation of farmers?
- What are typical trends in coffee communities in terms of age profiles?
- How can we secure the future of coffee producing communities?
COFFEE PRICE CRISIS: IS SPECIALTY PART OF THE SOLUTION OR PART OF THE PROBLEM?
- What are the limitations of cup quality as a strategy to increase coffee farmer incomes?
- What does the future look like for specialty coffee if we continue to rely on the commodity futures market to determine prices?
HOW TO GENERATE INNOVATIVE APPROACHES TO THREATS IN COFFEE FARMING
ENVISIONING A COFFEE WORLD WHERE PEOPLE AND PLANET THRIVE IN HARMONY
- What is the new strategy of Rainforest Alliance to create stronger impact in coffee regions?
- How can the coffee industry benefit from Rainforest Alliance’s new approach?
BLOCKCHAIN OVERVIEW AND INDUSTRY UPDATES
- How can blockchain help to create a sustainable and fair coffee industry to support future growth?
FACING CHALLENGES TO CREATE A MORE SUSTAINABLE COFFEE SECTOR
- Competitive vs. pre-competitive approaches
- Identifying sustainability gaps and inducing group responses
- Short term projects vs. long-term change